Luxottica is the largest employer of Optometrists in Australia and New Zealand, and we govern our leadership position in eyecare through: Being Leaders in further education for Optometry.
Protecting employees as well as company finances
- We have formed and manage the nationally accredited "Institute of Learning" providing further education to the optometry community in Australia
- This program is developed and managed internally by leading Professor of Optometry - Dr Peter Herse
- We have an extensive program for all our Optometrists to ensure best patient care
- We have strong relationships with leading institutions, hospitals and clinics throughout Australia
- We have experienced optometrists who have dedicated their time to specific areas such as Childrens Vision, Contact Lenses, Therapeutics, Low Vision, Sports Vision just to name a few.
Significant Investment in the latest leading edge technology
- Digital Retinal Scanners - can potentially detect changes earlier, demonstrates pathology, permanent record
- Zeiss Cirrus HD-OCT - Macula Degeneration, Diabetes, Glaucoma
- Humphrey VFA 740 - Glaucoma
- Creating centres of excellence in eyecare - OPSM eye hub
Leadership in Eye Preventative Care
- Leading edge equipment aids early detection, such as Glaucoma, Macula Degeneration, Diabetes, Cataracts, Hyper-tension
- Electronic patient recall - reminder for personalised customer eyecare